- Kokomo, IN, USA
- $25,000 - $50,000
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AFLAC, Paid Time Off
The Service Advisor is one of the most important people in the Service Department. They make the first impression of what H.E. McGonigal Service is all about. The Service Advisors set the tone for the service customer to have a good experience. By greeting them promptly, courteously and with an understanding and caring attitude. The Service Advisors are responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling additional needed service to customers.
The Service Advisor works as a team member with all departments.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
1. Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index rating at least comparable to that of the manufacturer, zone or branch average.
2. Maintain a dealership-prescribed standard for "hours per customer repair order written."
3. Ensure that all documents are accounted for.
4. Attend service advisors meetings as requested.
5. Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner. Let customers who are waiting in line know that they will be helped soon.
6. Schedule and route service daily to maintain maximum shop efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction.
7. Constantly maintain the daily route sheet, updating status of all vehicles. Keeping it legible and easy to find status of any vehicle.
8. Maintain awareness of all jobs in progress, status of repairs, delays and availability of parts, etc. Customer satisfaction is met my completing the work on time and assuring work is being done to the best our abilities.
9. Help maintain the information needed for repeat repairs, excessive warranty repairs and problems with any repairs are not being resolved. Keep comeback repairs below zone average.
10. Schedule appointments using dealership-approved forms.
11. Assign sequence numbers to each customer's repair order.
12. Communicate with service customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problem(s).
13. Obtain customer and vehicle data.
14. Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications, using maintenance menus.
15. If additional work is needed, explain the details to the customer, including the additional cost and time considerations.
16. Indicate on repair order the exact repair instructions, making a special note of the main reason(s) the customer brought the vehicle in.
17. Advise Service Manager and/or Service Director of any situation delaying the completion of repairs, loss of money or customer dissatisfaction.
18. Provide estimates for labor and parts. If cost of service cannot be established during the reception, leave open and contact the customer later, by phone, for approval.
19. Establish each customer's method of payment. Obtain approval of credit, if necessary.
20. Establish "time promised." Check with the person responsible for work distribution, if necessary.
21. Obtain customer's signature on repair order; Provide customer with a copy.
22. Follow up progress of each repair order during the day. Contact customer by telephone regarding any changes in the estimate or time promised.
23. Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments promptly and courteously.
24. Compare final invoice with original repair order.
25. Log Ro's on Route Sheet and complete time inventory for technician.
26. Deliver vehicle to customer answer any questions.
27. Maintain a positive and caring attitude towards customers, associates and all dealership personnel.
28. Dealership C.S.I. is maintained above zone average.
29. Maintain an active vehicle campaign/recall follow-up program. Updating lists for new and used vehicles.
30. Keep Quick Pricing Guide, Signals Checklist, Maintenance Menus and other service department forms up-to-date.
31. Be responsible for quality control, to ensure that work is completed as requested and to reduce comebacks.
32. Dress attire-White shirt with tie and dress pants.
33. Go over and understand the Policy and Procedure manual for all car lines.
34. Make sure that at least one advisor is at the service counter at all times.
35. Lunches will be taken so that two advisors will be here at all times-alternate lunch hours.
36. Make sure that the service drive is kept clear of cars.
37. After a car is written up, pull the car out of the write up area and park making sure that floor mats and seat covers are put in the car if there is not a porter available.
38. Hand out inspection sheets for selected used cars.
39. Keep write-up area and desk clean.
40. Scrub write-up area at least one time per week.
41. For all process, comply with the process.
• High School Diploma (G.E.D. accepted)
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Two years of experience in a dealership position.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• General Knowledge of vehicle mechanical operations.
• ASE certification preferred.
• Sales experience preferred.
• The willingness and ability to work in harmony with others.
• Present himself or herself in a professional manner. In both appearance and actions.
The Service Advisor works in the service lane, which is in an open garage area. Position requires standing and stooping, bending and moving throughout the service department from 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM five days a week. Service Advisor may lift up to 50 pounds occasionally. Service Advisor will work with service customers for most of the shift, and with computer display terminal. He or She will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. Road testing of vehicles also may be required.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
Sign Up For Job Alerts!